In the manner of an acceptance speech
I give you....
"Ahem, well, actually, you know, I don't know, I love my fourth standard English teacher and...thank you?"
I mean, what do I do? I always thought awards and speeches were a little plebeian..until I received one, of course.
I am a little short of words today, but I must thank miapan who was kind enough to make my week by giving me this.
Thank you miapan. It's difficult for me to appreciate your gesture without slipping into cliche. But it does mean a lot to me that you would care to come by ever so often. Very grateful.
And now for some much in excess sentimentality. This blog is an old friend. It takes everything I have to say with nary a complaint. I am not maudlin enough to anthromorphize it (yet! a few beers and we can do that too), so I'd rather talk to all you visitors who peep in and are generous enough to comment or remark or just simply, take it in. You remind me that connections can exist, albeit in the most dissipated form, held together by just a word. I am rapidly losing faith in the ability of the pen, of words bandied in such insousiance that they might as well have not been said. After all, in a world as strange as this, what is a word? And yet :)....so thank you.
The rules demand that I pass this on. So ye five, go do something nice with this.
(1) Random Harvest: Gouri is a published author, cook, dabbler extraordinaire and purveyor of all things Puneri. Guaranteed to make you think/ laugh/ chuckle/ quiet down.
(2) Mexiroccan: My fellow graduate student, fieldwork, mixed-up connoisseur of all things worth my while. They will be worth yours too. Blogs about Mexico, identity, life, school, dogs.
(3) Mentalie is quite simply, quite mad. Candid, quirky, observant and obsessive. This is my regular fix.
(4) Rambling nothingnesses: Anna mol blogs about movies, people, thoughts, life and just simply the everyday. Every once in three posts, something she says will make you stop in your tracks.
(5) And lastly, because I doubt he will pass this on since he doesn't blog no more, In Between Lives: Magnificently funny, a little wicked, and always clad in complete and elegant sentences.
And for the necessary fine print:
- Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving blogger/ friends/ both.
- Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
- Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award.
- Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to Mr. Linky List.
- Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.
Alright, am done, say no more.